BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sister Locks

I stumbled across a yahoo group that helped in a lot of ways. Shout out to all my LockItUp members!!!! After reading tons and tons of information from the Sister Lock website and from the group, I was set on getting them. But I had to find a consultant. Being a mom of six, I don't have 900 dollars readily available. But I was hell bent on getting them. I emailed and called many consultants, some certified, some trainees, and they were all asking 800 or more. I was shocked. My mother and cousin didn't pay nearly as much. Of course they had gotten their's done some years before.

Don't get me wrong, I know that a lot of work goes into this creation and I know that every penny is well deserved, but I just didn't expect the prices to be so high. I was seriously considering going back and getting the rest of my hair chopped off. But with my drive and eagerness to get this done, I found someone who was willing to work out a payment plan with me and who had great pictures of previous hair clients. I was in love....

I had my consultation on 11/24/2009 and I was in love with the four test locks that she put in my hair. I could not believe that I had to wait two weeks before I could get my whole head done. But if that is what it took, I will reluctantly wait. The appointment for the consultation was set for December 18-20th.

That weekend seemed to take forever to arrive......can you tell that I am not a patient person????!?!?!?!?

3 comments:

z said...

I've noticed that prices have increased since a few years ago. I'm glad that you were able to find a consultant that would work w/ your finances. That's a blessing. Practice patience now because you'll need at least for the first 1-2 years, but you should be fine. ;-)

Marna A. said...

loved your story... love your profile pics iwth locs! blessings on your journey! Post many pics.

Take care,
Marna

HappyNappy said...

SS&L, thanks. I plan to keep a picture journal of my journey. More pictures are sure to come

DD, she is surely a blessing!!! Thank goodness for my presistance, otherwise, I would never found her!

Blessings